Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Happenings (to be followed with pictures)

I have not really wrote what we have been doing for the last couple months, that is because they have been a blur! Steve broke his arm the first of December, Josh followed a week after him and broke his. Steve was very well behaved and let his arm heal, Josh pulled one soft cast off and 2 hard cast off, finally the last time that he pulled his cast off the Doctor just looked at me and said that he did not know what to do! Told me that it had been three weeks and if he was real careful with it that he should be able to heal. Josh also had surgery in the middle of December, he did fabulous....... the after math of the surgery has been a trial. he screams and wakes up all night with nightmares. He is slowly getting better, last week he slept through the night one time, it was like sweet manna from Heaven. To say the least we are exhausted and ready for him to start sleeping.
Christmas was wonderful we had the Dalley family at our house, it was a lot of fun to host Christmas and have family with us.
Now on to January, when we first started telling people that we were moving to this valley if anyone had any knolwdge of this area they would always tell us how hard the winters are here, they did not lie, last winter was hard for many reasons, we were trying to sell our house(blah), it was COLD high around 12 degrees, you are stuck inside because of the freezing tempetures, on the weekends you are still stuck inside because there is no where to go unless you want to travel over an hour and then you had to hope that the roads were not closed so you could go. That was last winter, we were determined to enjoy this winter, to enjoy winter here you have to make the best of the weather , you must enjoy what there is here, skiing, snowmobling, snowshoeing, sledding, cross country skiing ect. We have embraced all that we can and are absloutely loving the winter. Every Wednesday the girls go up to Grand Targhee to have ski school, Steve and I go up with them and ski (I snowboard) while they are with their teachers and then when they have free time we meet up and go for a couple hours. The girls are doing awesome, I can not believe how fast they have picked it up. Then every Saturday we go for about a half of a day because I hate to leave Josh with a babysitter for the whole day, the poor boy every time we leave he cries, "I ski I ski!!!" We will start to teach him next year.
We also have started snowshoeing, I never in a million years thought that would be fun, but it is surprisingly a lot of fun. An extreme workout but 100% worth the sweat so that you can enjoy the mountains.
We are feeling settled finally, there are so many boxes to still unpack and I have yet to hang very many pictures, it is funny because when i think about putting a picture up or unpacking something I always have a feeling of dread that we are not going to be here very long, but then I feel a lot of relief when I remmeber that we have NO PLANS OF EVER moving again, 14 moves in 11 year of marriage and 3 of them in a 6 months time period is enough. I love it here and I refuse to leave.
We are getting to know people even more and really love our ward, it is a good ward, a perfect mix of all ages. I love going to church with people that are in all different seasons of life.
Life is great and wonderful!
Many pictures to come of all of our adventures.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am jealous . . . an happy for you! Poor Josh! He is having a rough life right now. We miss you guys!