Sunday, March 28, 2010

March

We spent some time in Utah visiting family. We visited the graveside of a beloved prophet.

Tried and tried to get a picture of my kids in front of the temple, finally just started to snap pics and laugh because truly this is what my kids are like so why should they "pose" for a pic. Not one picture of them all looking at me or paying attention.






Two of my little monkeys got hair cuts, one I was excited to get cut the other makes me mourn my babies little curls.





Lots of skiing.


Josh trying to learn.
Bum shots, oh wait, no these are Steve helping Josh, honest mistake.


This little one got a concussion this day, story to come later.

This one snuggled up to daddy one day and they both took a nap.
Lexi FINALLY can ride her bike with out training wheels, and she only screams half the time while she cruises around the block.
Josh taught him self, no joke, he went in to the garage and taught himself how to ride his bike.


So Lexis concussion, the story is somewhat funny. We were skiing and I always have the girls go down the mountain first so that I can make sure we get to the bottom all right. Steve was at the bunny hill helping Josh to ski. I am cruising down when I hear from a patch of trees a lot of screaming, the funny thing is that I knew right off it was Lexi because she has one of those screams that are easy to recognize, but I tried to ignore it, not sure why I just figured she was being dramatic. As I got closer to the trees I could tell that something was wrong, I could not go in to the trees because of my snowboard so I kept yelling to Lexi to come out, she would just yell back where are you mom over and over, I thought that was weird because there was only one place I could have been and that was right outside of the little group of trees. About this time a nice women came and asked if she could help, she went in to the trees but Lexi was still not making sense so I decided to take off my board and hiked in, when I got to her she looked fine so I asked her if she was screaming just because she was mad or because she hurt herself, she said that she was screaming because her head hurt because she took a nap in the snow. That was the first warning bell that went off, then as I was putting her helmet back on I saw the dent in the helmet and asked if she had hit a tree, she said that she was going too fast tried not to hit a tree and then fell asleep in the snow and started dreaming. She said that when she woke up she did not know where she was, after all that I decided that she should be checked out so I took her down the mountain and they called the ski patrol, they were so kind to her and asked me what happened, I told them what she said and then Lexi starts to argue with me that she never said that. I was so embarrassed and promised them that she did indeed tell me what i had told them, it apparently had not knocked the sass out of her. After a checkup they decided that she was fine a definite concussion and a whole lot of personality. They told me that i needed to follow up with our family doc when we got off the mountain, but here was the problem, Sam had a concussion the prior week and I was SO embarrassed to show up at the Docs again with another head injury, so they told me that she was going to be fine and that I did not have to follow up pheww. Oh and I would tell Sams story of her head injury but it was not as interesting:) It happened at school, she told me that she was blind for 2 minutes after it happened, it also did not knock the sass out of her either, oh well.

4 comments:

Brook said...

Looks like lots of fun! I am bummed I didn't see you guys! Josh looks so different without his curls!

Anonymous said...

Cute photos! I love the one of the boys sleeping and cuddling. Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I love the haircuts! I don't think I would recognize Josh, but he looks so cute! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!
We miss you

Amanda said...

oh my goodness...I didn't recognize Josh for a second either! And sam is so OLD looking..and so beautiful!! I loved the story of Lexi..I think the dramaticness of our girls must run right through our veins and into theirs!! Miss you guys sooooo much!