Sunday, September 26, 2010

The BEST week of my life! Soo not being dramatic!

Anyone that has ever known me knows that for as long as I can remeber I have loved horses. I use to dream about my horse someday, I even had names for it. I still dream about some horses but untill that becomes reality we got to go on the best vacation ever! We went on a 5 day trip back in the wilderness with the Teton Valley Wagon train. Unbelievable experiance. THey do such an amzing job, you are picked up and bussed to the starting point, there they feed you a HUGE meal. We were able to have 3 huge cooked delicious meals everyday. From there they set you up with safety rules, we were in the grizzly recovery zone so we had to be bear aware. We never even saw a bear which I was very disappointed that we did not but I never felt unsafe they are very prepared for any thing. After that we load in to wagons that take you to the first camp site. I can not even tell you how organized and prepared they are for anything because the first hour we were there we were hit with a huge storm and it got cold fast, they had ponchos for everyone and huge roaring fire and a canopy going for us. The week was filled with horse rides around lakes and to and from campsites. Every night you camp somewhere new 2 nights on a beautiful lakes that you can canoe on. We had hikes, and games, story telling around campfire, cowboy songs at night, and have I said beautiful horses to ride around. They also have wagon trains if you are not in to riding horses. Unbelievable! Did I already say that?! The kids enjoyed themselves so much, it is truly catered to families old and young. It was so fun to be away from distractions TV, phones, computers ect.. This was by far the best trip that we as a family have ever been on, it is a true "cowboy experience" There is no electricity running water but all you needs are met by the wagon train. So much fun! So if you are looking for a awesome experience for your family or yourself look them up.


















2 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

That looks like more fun than Disneyland! Seriously! I would never have thought to do that! I saw that you're making your blog private - I want an invite! :) jessimoo30@yahoo.com. We miss you tons around here!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I didn't know you rode horses the whole time! How fun. I love the picture of Lexi in the hat...she looks so pretty!