Sunday, September 26, 2010

Triathalon

So proud of my little girl she did her first Triathlon. She at first was not a willing participate but I decided it was time that she worked hard for something. It all started with the school field days 2 years ago, it was her first and mine being an observer. I remember the days of my field days, pushing myself to puking determined to win every event(which I never did but I sure tried). I was so excited to watch my daughter push herself. To say I was shocked after the first event an understatement, I did not have tears of joy but I became one of those angry crazy moms that you try to avoid eye contact with at the soccer games. The first event was a 1/4 mile run, the whistle blew the runners were off my heart was racing I was beaming I started to talk to a friend of mine when I started to notice runners coming back I looked out with great anticipation expecting at any moment to see my blue eyed girl sprint through the finish line. I looked and looked and she was no where to be seen, I squinted across the field at what looked to be a girl doing pirouettes and leaps, it was Sam. I was so mad, I took off speed walking across the field got within a few feet from her, she saw me stopped gave me a huge smile and wave, through gritted teeth I told her she better start running and she better do it NOW! With not a care in the world she informed that she was not the last that *Billy*(name has been changed to protect the innocent) was the last one. I looked back at poor Billy, he was wheezing, I am pretty sure his lips were a shade of blue. With teeth clenched I told her that Billy had Asthma and had an excuse. The rest of the field day she did try which was nice, that is all I wanted was for her to at least try.
Field day 2010 was not met with much success either, this year I had both Lexi and Sam in it. I was positive that Lexi would do great because she is super competitive about everything from who ate more than her who did less chores than her ect..... I thought for sure she would be determined to try, once again I spent the whole field day grinding my teeth at the both of them. I just can not relate, I am competitive , I will push myself to the point of seeing stars, what is wrong with my GIRLS!. As I sat stewing I decided that I was going to make them work hard all summer, I thought that if they could see themselves working hard and succeeding that they would maybe want to try more. So enter Triathlon, we started Sam training in June, I was very impressed with how hard she worked, every day she would run or bike and almost every day swim. The day of the event I thought for sure she would chicken out, I know horrible but she usually does. She worked so hard, never gave up pushing herself above and beyond what I thought she could even do. She ended up taking 4th overall and 1st in the girls. I am so proud of her!

My awesome nephew Tanner.











4 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Yea Sammy! We are so proud of you and Tanner and Avery!

Wendy said...

That is awesome, Sam! Congrats!

Kerstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

awesome sam!!! i am proud of you!!!

we need to catch up Liz. are you back in utah yet?